- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Location: 520 W 28th St, New York, NY 10001, United States
- Mission Director: Johannes Schafelner
- Mission Architects: Johannes Schafelner, Alberto Barba
- Bundle Leads: Aurora Santana (Devices), Stella Dourtme (Facilities), Michael Sims (Façade), Natacha Viveiros (I-max)
- Mission Crew: Sharan Sundar, John-Alan Gallerie, Seungho Yeo, Henning Hansen, Claudia Dorner, Jakub Klaska, Afsoon Eshaghi, Mattia Gambardella, Moa Carlson, Sara Sheikh Akbari, Niran Buyukkoz, Marius Cernica, Igor Pantic, Jamie Mann, Matthew Carapiet, Sergey Krupin, Nicola Berkowski, Peter Logan, Sebastian Lundberg, Miguel Diaz-Morales
- Space: 5500.zero ft2
- Mission 12 months: 2018
- Images: Hufton+Crow, Scott Francis
- Nyc Development Crew Web page Architects: Ed Gaskin, Filipe Pereira, Stella Dourtme.
- Nyc Development Crew Director: Tiago Correia
- Pageant Crew Mission Director: Cristiano Ceccato
- Pageant Crew Mission Architect: Johannes Schafelner
- Pageant Crew Mission Fashion designer : Jakub Klaska
- Pageant Crew Mission Crew: Elisabeth Bishop, Sharan Sundar, Saman Saffarian, Natacha Viveiros, Niran Buyukkoz, Yung Zhang, Spyridon Kaprinis, Kevin Sheppard, Manpreet Singh
Textual content description supplied by way of the architects. There’s a tough city dynamic between the streets of New York and the Prime Line, a layered civic realm that has advanced over generations and in lots of iterations. 520 West 28th conveys this contextual courting, making use of new concepts and ideas to create the newest evolution of the website online’s wealthy historical past.
The cut up ranges of the design outline numerous dwelling areas and echoes the a couple of layers of civic area on 28th Boulevard and the Prime Line.
Those cut up ranges are expressed throughout the interlocking chevrons of 520 West 28th’s home made metal façade which carries the spirit of Chelsea’s business previous; its detailed workmanship continues the venerable custom inside of New York’s historical structure of improving the general public realm.
Designed and built with a practiced figuring out of subject matter qualities and production tactics, the façade conveys the eye to element obvious all the way through 520 West 28th—brushed and tinted by way of hand to resonate with the adjoining buildings of the Prime Line and its neighbourhood.
The 11-storey 520 West 28th homes 39 flats with 11-foot coffered ceilings, adapted interiors that incorporate Boffi kitchens by way of Zaha Hadid Design, and built-in applied sciences together with computerized valet parking and garage.
With a couple of cores to provide maximum flats personal elevator lobbies, the facilities of 520 West 28th come with the wellness stage with spa and 25-yard sky-lit lap pool, sculpture lawn, and leisure suite with IMAX theatre.
Inside a longtime group of over 350 artwork galleries that has observed the Prime Line’s transformation from deserted freight rail line to public park, 520 West 28th embodies a dedication to uphold the unique personality of its neighbourhood; making a development with its personal architectural presence, but very a lot of its setting.