- Architects: fjmt
- Location: 2 Patrick NE Dr, Narre Warren VIC 3085, Australia
- Design Team: Richard Francis-Jones (Design Director) Jeff Morehen, Geoff Croker, William Pritchard, Lina Sjogren, Annie Hensley, Andrew Chung, David Moody, Fleur Downey, Iain Blampied, Laura Vallentine, Amanda Bey, Bradley Kerr, Nic Patman, Marco Coetzee, Jessica Kairnes, Lance White, Estelle Roman, Natalie McEvoy, Phoebe Pape, Richard Black
- Area: 24500.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Trevor Mein, John Gollings, Glenn Hester, Nicole England, Andrew Chung
- Contractor: Multiplex Australia
- Structural Engineer: Taylor Thomson Whiting
- Civil Engineer: Taylor Thomson Whiting
- Building Services: Murchie Consulting
- Access Consultant: Engineer Before Compliance
- Building Surveyor: Certis
- Theatre Planner: Schuler Shook
- Acoustic Design: Acoustic Studio
- Wayfinding: Buro North
- Waste Consultant: Closed Loop
- Specialist Lighting: Steensen Varming
Text description equipped by means of the architects. Bunjil Place is a library, a efficiency theatre, a public amassing house, a spot of exhibition, gallery and show, a versatile and experimental house for occasions, lectures, debate and birthday party, this can be a assist level, a provider centre and a office and collaboration. Above all possibly, this can be a position the place all of this overlaps and interconnects and on the centre is the interconnecting fluid type of the lobby amassing house, a non-hierarchical house that unifies the complicated.
The design imaginative and prescient seeks to create authenticity and “position” or Narre Warren and the City of Casey. Thisis of high significance given the identification loss that resulted from the improvement of the semi-rural residential cities into a significant expansion hall and the fast growth of recent housing traits.
The method reinforces the historical past and diversityof the world and can assist stay alive the tales that experience formed the neighborhood that continues to develop and evolve. Our assets of inspiration are that of Cathy Adams’ 2001 art work, “The Meeting of Many Paths” and the Bunjil Eaglehawk; each central issues to the tradition of the Boon Wurrung other people of the Kulin Nation, the normal house owners and population of the land.
Bunjil Place’s identification displays neighborhood values which is ‘to be town of option to are living, paintings and lift a circle of relatives.’ The precinct encourages an egalitarian and democratic use by means of all neighborhood participants, and displays the historical past and variety of the world selling civic delight. Inclusivity is regarded as with the opens areas to congregate and live, energetic and passive thoroughfares and the encouragement of public amassing.
The luck of the venture is the results of an aspirational transient and longer term collaboration with the customer, experts and built-in disciplines inside fjmt. The reaction from the communityis atypical. Where as soon as the neighborhood travelled lengthy distances to get admission to prime tradition, are living leisure and high quality studying environments,a compelling native choice avoids important emissions and congestion generated in travelling to town.