- Architects: Studio TING
- Location: No. 2, Xiangyang Street, Zhongzheng District, Taipei Town, Taiwan
- Lead Architects: Hueiting Chang, Christophe Gaubert
- House Design Workforce: Yinling Yeh, Wei-sheng Chang, Chrystel Charrat, Shuchong Hu, Yi-Hsiu Yang Graphic design staff: Shih-yu Tuan, Chan Chang
- House: 637.zero m2
- Mission Yr: 2017
- Images: Christophe Gaubert
- Lights Design: Originator Lights Design – NS Huang, Erin Tseng
- Sound Design: Wen Shu
- Artwork Design: New Media Artwork: Jun-Jieh Wang / Weaving Artwork: Yuma Taru
- Insect Fashions: Ecofauna – Lorenzo Possenti, Chih-An Liao
- Building Coordination: Che-kang Chang, Sharyn Shih
- Clinical Experts: Ethnology: Dr. Bien Chiang, Dr. Nanjun Yang(✝), Dr. Yayoi Mitsuda / Entomology: Dr. Yaoyi Zhu(✝), Dr. Shiuh-Feng Shiau / Botany: Dr. Chang-Fu Hsieh / Mineralogy: Dr. Bing-Sheng Yu / Archeology: Dr. Hung-lin Chiu / Zoology: Dr. Wen-Hau Chou, Dr. Si-Min Lin, Bo-Ren Jiang / Ichthyology: Dr. Kwang-Tsao Shao / Malacology: Relations-Yang Lai / Historical past: Chuan-Chi Gau
- Prison Advisor: Huge Strides World Legislation Company
- Editorial Workforce: Yiyu Chuang, Ying-Hau Chen
- Multimedia Workforce: Documentary: Julien Lu, Jing-Fang Liu, Wei Chen / three-D animation: Zong-Yu Hsieh / Interactive media artwork: Po-Chih Chang / Interactive media content material : Shi Wen-Cheng, Tsai Cheng-Hau, Du Shiau-Mei
- Shopper: Nationwide Taiwan Museum
Textual content description supplied via the architects. Finding Taiwan is an everlasting exhibition devoted to the Historical past of the collections of the Nationwide Taiwan Museum, the Historical past of the Herbal and Aboriginal Treasures of Taiwan, and the Historical past of Eastern Researchers who constructed this establishment one century in the past. The exhibition scenography hyperlinks this previous to the long run via wondering the chance of cultural heritage thru 367 items together with 265 of an important items from the Museum’s assortment, dealing with sculptural, video and sound installations created via recent Taiwanese artists.
The Nationwide Taiwan Museum is the earliest Museum of Herbal Historical past in Taiwan. For its centenary, the multicultural staff of Studio TING (惠栢設計) had the privilege to give a contribution to the worldwide renovation via designing the everlasting exhibition devoted to the establishment’s heritage. In accordance with the artefacts supplied via the museum curators, and respecting the historic nature of the development, our staff composed of scientists, architects and architects labored intently with the museum groups to prepare and show the content material, and inform the tale of the collections. The total design of the exhibition performs with the metaphor of nature, the use of herbal parts transformed to an summary language of shapes and hues within the area, stimulating interest and transcending the information with a measurement of creativeness.
Positioned on all the most sensible flooring of a historic colonial-style development from the Eastern technology, the exhibition is split in 3 areas, two lofts with entrances on either side and a central area surrounding the dome of the development. Each and every exhibition area unveils a definite theme, each visually and in soundscape.
East front, The Trail of Discovery. This primary area leads the target audience to enjoy the ambience through which the early naturalists explored the Taiwanese primitive mountain woodland for the primary time. A deep inexperienced low-key atmosphere resounding with an insect and fowl refrain, finds aboriginal treasures and consultant animal species, a few of which are actually extinct. In its middle, a cupboard of curiosities shows the sweetness of Taiwanese biodiversity that the primary scientists began to stock and proportion
Central room, Taiwan’s New Scopes. This white area, alongside a hall, shows the key findings during the historical past of the museum. Enjoying with the abstraction of herbal patterns and bureaucracy, the surroundings is a tribute to some of these specimens extracted from nature within the carrier of collective wisdom, along with their authentic attractiveness. Each and every of the showcases is devoted to one of the crucial researchers who contributed to the historical past of the collections, exhibiting their primary findings. On this whiteness and an environment of heat wind song and beneath the patterns of arboreal shadows, a wall finds in its thickness plenty of photographs and tales in regards to the development itself during the many years.
West front, The Previous is the Long run. The closing area leads the target audience into a depressing blue ocean of shadows the place the fragility of aboriginal items and uncommon animal specimens have interaction with recent items of artwork. The digital soundscape, the recent weaves and the animated projections of multimedia artwork allow the customer to view the information incarnated via the museum on the crossroads between the preservation of a heritage devoted to the present generations and the clinical analysis which opens new understandings of the sector. This area reminds us that wisdom of cultural roots is the most efficient inspiration to invent the sector of the next day.