- Architects: Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects
- Location: Golden Gate Nationwide Sport Space, U.S. 101, San Francisco, CA 94109, United States
- Foremost In Fee: Marsha Maytum
- Undertaking Architect: Christine Van Wagenen
- Space: 70000.zero ft2
- Undertaking Yr: 2017
- Images: Bruce Damonte
- Undertaking Supervisor: Ryan Jang
- Contractor: Oliver & Corporate
- Structural Engineer: Rutherford + Chekene
- Mechanical, Plumbing, And Fireplace Coverage Engineer: Integral Staff
- Acoustical & Telecom Engineer: Charles M. Salter Friends
- Lights Design: Architectural Lights Design
- Shopper: San Francisco Artwork Institute & Fortress Mason Heart
Textual content description equipped via the architects. As a part of the transformation of Fortress Mason from a ancient military base right into a thriving nonprofit arts and group middle, LMSA led the adaptive reuse of Pier 2 to rehabilitate the landmark shed and to show the inner into a brand new campus for the San Francisco Artwork Institute (SFAI) – a hub for each undergraduate and graduate research and public engagement with the humanities.
In Section I, the ancient shed was once restored and seismically upgraded with built-in sustainable development techniques together with a 255KW rooftop photovoltaic sun device.
In Section II, LMSA remodeled the inner quantity into a brand new arts campus for SFAI which incorporates 160+ studios, public exhibition galleries, efficiency set up rooms, multipurpose instructing areas, a black field theater, and a workshop/maker area.