my pal bria hammel of bria hammel interiors began a brand new line of furnishings, equipment, pillows, art work, and wallpaper referred to as brooke & lou after her two kiddos! when she requested me if i sought after to sign up for her in supporting the release of the logo, it took me possibly .5 seconds to mention sure. i like seeing different girl prevail and it’s so empowering to observe (or even assist!) anyone develop.
once i noticed the e-mail, i knew precisely which items i sought after to make use of and the place i sought after to place them. the brand new construct i had labored on over the summer time has this nice inbuilt corner upstairs with two bookcases and a bench seat. it was once nonetheless empty! i selected the between the strains art work in red within the 30×40 measurement in addition to two 20″ pillows in lyla stripe in blue. the photograph on-line does no longer do that material justice. it is so beautiful!!
i paired the two lyla pillows with a bungalo lumbar pillow that i already had and the colours labored in reality neatly with the art work. the artwork was once all created via artist abbey holden and framed in a cushy gold body. it is available in a host of alternative colours too!
that took care of the bench seat and the wall however the bookcases wanted some main accessorizing. i shopped at west elm and goal (it does not wish to be fancy!) to make the cabinets come to existence. i sought after the whole really feel to be recent, mild, and female.
styling is not a great science – a minimum of for me! however there are some tips i exploit to get it good.
1. lay the entirety out in one spot so you’ll see the entirety it’s a must to paintings with.
2. paintings with unusual numbers. stacks of books, vases, and even simply one higher merchandise really feel higher when there’s 1, 3, or 5.
3. be aware of peak of the pieces and range it left to proper and up and down. as an example, three occasions i used one accent on its own however i made positive to not position them each at the perfect cabinets, particularly since they were not a couple.
4. discover a colour palette and persist with it. right here i did a large number of pastels but in addition integrated some darker equipment to flooring the entirety.
5. evidence of existence (to thieve a word from alyssa rosenheck!). greenery is a should and all the time makes no matter you are looking at really feel alive – pun supposed 😉
what different pointers do you have got for styling an area? thanks to bria for the pretty artwork and pillows and to my shopper for letting me invade her area!