- Architects: OMA
- Location: Miami, FL 33133, United States
- Partner In Charge: Shohei Shigematsu
- Design Team Project Manager: Scott Abrahams
- Area: 1386000.0 ft2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Robin Hill
- Team: Matthew Haseltine, Cass Nakashima, Nils Sanderson, Daeho Lee, Marrhew Edgardo Davis, Jeremy Kim, Gonzalo Lopez, Pantea Tehrani, Sumit Sahdev, Jun Shimada, Andrew Mack, Miguel Darcy, Betty Fan, Carly Dean, Ahmadreza Schricker, Britt Johnson, Shida Salehi-Esmati, Simon McKenzie, Jackie Woon Bae, Ian Watchorn, Filippo Nanni
- Executive Architect: Arquitectonica
- Interior Design: Studio Sofield, Meyer Davis
- Landscape Architect: Enea Garden Design, Inc.
- Civil Engineer:: VSN
- Traffic Engineer: David Plummer & Associates
- Structural Engineer: DiSimone
- Mep Engineer: Feller
- Sustainability: Spinnaker
- Life Safety: SLS
- Pool Consultants: AquaDynamics
Text description equipped via the architects. Two of three towers of Park Grove designed via Shohei Shigematsu formally open, as OMA New York’s three residential tasks throughout North America are nearing final touch. 121 E 22nd Street in New York City and Transbay Block 8 in San Francisco to observe within the subsequent yr.
The Related Group and Terra Group have unveiled the primary segment of Park Grove, the multi-tower residential construction designed via Partner-in-Charge Shohei Shigematsu of OMA New York. Named the Club Residences and Two Park Grove, the primary two towers are actually move-in able.
OMA first received the design pageant in 2013 with a scheme that will attach Coconut Grove’s neighborhood scale to the Biscayne Bay and honor the group’s herbal attractiveness. Inspired via the Bay, Shohei Shigematsu and OMA envisioned the towers as barrier islands, every uniquely impartial but keeping up a related intimacy. The ensuing natural bureaucracy distinction from its boxier neighbors. A plinth connecting the three towers supplies a lush, panorama of facilities for citizens and act as an extension to the encircling herbal surroundings. A chain of passages weave out and in all through the 5-acre website and supply connections and perspectives to the Biscayne Bay.
The ultimate tower lies at the former website of the Coconut Grove Bank, which required a phased building to house a unbroken flow from the Bank’s unique development to its new house within the plinth. The tower is lately beneath building and can achieve final touch in Spring 2019. Together, the three apartments will upload to the distinct neighborhood of Coconut Grove that provides a substitute for the Metropolitan downtown.
The opening of the primary segment of Park Grove marks the start of a chain of residential tower completions to observe within the subsequent yr. OMA has been engaged within the design of a lot of residential tower tasks, together with 121 E 22nd Street in New York (2019), Transbay Bock 8 in San Francisco (2019) and Nora Tornen in Stockholm (2018). All four tasks will likely be finished via 2019.