- Architects: KRIS YAO | ARTECH
- Location: No. 888, Gugong Boulevard, Taibao City, Chiayi County, Taiwan
- Lead Architects: Kris Yao
- Project Principle: Kuo-Chien Shen
- Project Manager: Winnie Wang
- Project Supervisor: Glen Lu, Jun-Ren Chou, Tien-Yu Lo
- Design Team: Chien-Yi Wu, Lien-Tang Chen, Jake Sun, Frank Lu, Ting-Tseng Shen, Wen-Li Liu, Ting-Fung Ho, Wen-Ling Liao, Miya Yu
- Inspection Team: Calvin Chen, Yi-Seng Tsai, Jui-Hung Lin, Stanley Liu, Bruce Wu, Jason Lin, Yun-Yi Wang, Hui-Ting Yu, Sam Chuang, Chu-Chun Chang, Hui-Ling Lee、Dawson Hung, Sam Chang, Yi-Ti Tsai, Yu-Ching Chen
- Area: 38332.69 m2
- Project Year: 2015
- Photographs: Shawn Liu Studio, KyleYu, Jeffrey Cheng, Commonwealth Publishing Group
- Structural Consultants: King – Le Chang & Associates
- Plumbing, Electrical & Fire Protection: Majestic Engineering Consultants Inc.
- Hvac Consultants: I. S. Lin & Associates Consulting Engineers
- Landscape Consultants: CNHW Planning and Design Consultant TOPO Design Group
- Building Physics Consultants: ARUP
- Façade Consultants: maRco façade Studio
- Lighting Consultants: Chroma 33 Architectural Lighting Design
- Green Architecture Consultants: Taiwan Green Architecture
- Landscape Bridge Design And Inspection Collaborator: T. Y. Lin Taiwan Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Building And Landscape Contractor: Lee Ming Construction Co., Ltd.
- Building Structure: Steel Structure, Reinforced Concrete
- Exterior Materials: Cast Aluminum Disk, Glazed Curtain Wall, Low-E Glass, Mosaic Tile
- Landscape Bridge Contractor: Hua Chou Construction Co., Ltd.
Text description equipped via the architects. Composed of 3 distinct fluid bureaucracy, each and every represents inspiration from the 3 Chinese calligraphy strokes: the thick ink, the half-dry and the smearing, the Palace Museum Southern Branch will provide itself as an ink-dark, sensuous sculptural shape sitting inside the surrounding inexperienced rice and sugar cane fields.
The 3 bureaucracy additionally include other purposes: because of sensitivity of herbal gentle degree for the artifacts, the cast shape homes the curatorial division and exhibition halls; the glass-and-steel “void” quantity facilitates museum foyer, café, library and management places of work; the 3rd smearing stroke flows thru intersecting forged and void bureaucracy, linking quite a lot of areas with clean stream trend.
Visitors arrive on the gate of the museum web page may have a look of the principle development around the lake. After crossing a curved pedestrian bridge, which is a vital part of the structure design, one would move below the glass quantity and arrive at a tranquil bamboo courtyard prior to coming into into the museum development.
In the grand foyer, massive glass curtain wall frames the perspectives of the lake and panorama. A grand stairway gently rises up and leads guests to the orientation room the place the glass quantity hits the cast quantity because the exhibitions spread.
The external of the cast shape consists of greater than 36,00zero items of forged aluminum “disks” hooked up to the curved surfaces, depicting historical bronze dragon and cloud patterns the use of trendy digitized design. As the solar strikes, the mirrored image from the disks will disclose a “transferring” dragon within the clouds in this uniquely designed façade.