- Architects: MVRDV
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Design Team: Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries
- Area: 103.four m2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Daria Scagliola and Edit – Stijn Brakkee
- Concept Phase: Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Fokke Moerel with Sanne van der Burgh, Aser Giménez Ortega, Elien Deceuninck, Rico van de Gevel and Junxiang Zhang
- Design And Material Development Phase: Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Fokke Moerel with Aser Giménez Ortega, Elien Deceuninck, Simone Costa, Frane Stancic, William de Ronde, Marek Nosek and Rico van de Gevel
- Construction Phase Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Fokke Moerel with Aser Giménez Ortega, Simone Costa and Marek Nosek
- Material Research: Delft University of Technology – Rob Nijsse, Frederic A. Veer, Telesilla Bristogianni, Faidra Oikonomopoulou, Lida Barou and Kees Baardolf
- Structural Research: ABT bv – E.H.J. ten Brincke, P.A. Bulsink, M.LW. van Veghel, E.A.M van den Broek
- Engineering And Construction: Tensoforma Trading s.r.l.- Stefano Bertino, Laura Finazzi, Ilenia Longa and Fabio Pettenati
- Resin: Estro s.n.c – Marco Salvioni
- Concrete: CDF s.r.l – Jacopo Antonioli
- Glass: Vetraria Bergamasca Tecnovetro s.r.l – Sonia Bonesi
- Glass Film: Euroline for 3M – Massimo Schetz
- Diagrams: MVRDV
Text description equipped via the architects. Bulgari’s flagship retailer in Kuala Lumpur has opened with a brand new façade that imagines the posh logo’s heritage, and experiments with conventional fabrics. The storefront is the primary in a chain of MVRDV façade designs for the posh logo. This concrete and resin facade is permeated via gold gentle to create a marble-veined façade.
For over a century, Bulgari has set the tempo for Italian taste with a forward-looking, ingenious spirit that pulls inspiration from the undying great thing about Roman artwork, whilst giving it a particular fresh contact.
MVRDV’s design attracts on inspiration from the posh logo’s heritage. The cornice of by way of Condotti is a collection component used asymmetrically in numerous places over the arena, and its iconic marble façade now reinvented and reinterpreted via subject matter experiments. In Kuala Lumpur, a façade which via day is placing however natural, while at night time, a extra dramatic impact is completed.
This leading edge façade advanced from a research-process in collaboration with Technical University Delft, and Tensoforma, who labored on façade manufacturing. The results of which was once a brand new product for the shop. Glass Reinforced Concrete (GRC) was once minimize in line with trend and stuffed inside with resin then illuminated via amber LED Lights. A chrome steel sheet acts as a base for the resin, with panel joints hidden and built-in into the vein trend. Either all the way through the day or at night time time, the Bulgari façade that achieves the specified translucent impact emanating a heat amber glow.
The new catalogue for long term Bulgari storefront façades may also be followed globally, making them right away recognisable and distinctive in any context. An means providing never-ending chances that mix refined detailing with fine quality fabrics.