- Architects: Sq. 134 Architects
- Location: 1219 Florida Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, United States
- Lead Architects: Samson S. Cheng AIA, Ronald P. Schneck Jr. AIA
- House: 14968.zero ft2
- Undertaking Yr: 2017
- Pictures: Jessica Marcotte
- Developer: Ditto Residential
- Mep Engineer: KK Engineering
- Structural Engineer: FMC & Mates
- Civil Engineer: Oyster, Imus, Petzold & Mates
- Mural Artist: Lisa Marie Thalhammer
Textual content description equipped by means of the architects. The Oslo is an city infill undertaking on Florida Ave NE within the rising Atlas district. The realm has observed a speedy inflow of younger execs within the final ten years. The Oslo caters to this team with on-trend boutique team residing. The development is an eight-unit multifamily undertaking.
Each and every of the 8 devices has 5 bedrooms, every with a non-public tub. This distinctive format makes the devices very best for younger, unmarried execs. The monolithic fashionable façade clad in manganese iron spot brick is divided down the middle by means of a enormous access courtroom.
The access courtroom design was once partly pushed by means of the will for an available ramp in addition to the design crew’s want to supply a transition from the busy Florida Ave to the development access. The ramp floats above a serene communal terrace positioned on the cellar stage. The again of the construction brings colourful colour to an another way uninteresting alley space.
The rear façade accommodates a 40-foot-high, brightly coloured mural by means of a neighborhood artist. The development massing and stark subject material variety create a putting but minimum design that elevates the construction from standard new development to a development with detailing and finishes conventional of excessive design modernism.