- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Location: Carrer de Felicià Fuster, 2, 07006 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
- Undertaking Supervisor: Francisco Mangado
- Collaborator Architects: Idoia Alonso Barberena, Antonio Aller, Maria João Costa, Almudena Fiestas, Ana Muñiz. João Gois, Sergio Rio Tinto, Edurne Pradera, Isabel Oyaga, Sofia Cacchione, Itziar Etayo, Aintzane Gazteiu-Iturri, Andreas Bovin, Richard Královic, Maria Manero, Wojciech Sumlet, Cesar Martín. arqs.
- Overall Space: 55400.zero m2
- Completing Yr: 2017
- Images: Juan Rodríguez
- Structural Engineering: NB 35 S.L., ing.
- Instalations Engineering: Francisco Mangado
- Acoustics Engineering: Higini Arau, ing
- Rigger: Pedro Legarreta
- Contractor: Acciona Construcción S.A.
- Woodworking: Blasco Construcciones en Madera, S.L.
- Steelworking: Callfer, S.A.
- Civil Engineering: Nechi Ingenieria
- Shopper: Palau de Congressos de Palma de Mallorca
- Undertaking Years: 2006-2007
- Congress Palace And Parking's Space: 37.00zero m²
- Resort's Space: 17.700 m²
Textual content description equipped by means of the architects. The undertaking rests on the concept that to paintings on so much this is wealthy and suggestive in its being tricky, corresponding to the only now we have right here, is to attract up a brand new city ‘define’ for the town. The abnormal geometry of the slender and elongated lot, forming a seafront of just about 350 meters, refers extra to the theory of an city boundary of large dimensions that will have to accommodate a big undertaking with a fancy and various program.
The construction appears towards the ocean, and this seaward having a look is summed up in a thick facade—5 meters large and erected with tactics of naval engineering—that but even so retaining out direct daylight comprises the steps and different components connecting the other areas and systems. As you cross up the steps, you notice the ocean thru massive glass panes.
This facade is sort of a the town wall with a trail, dense but in addition open, and in its thickness, thru ambiguous areas that can not definitively be thought to be internal or external, it’s perplexed with the prom itself.
The ‘modify ego’ is the north facade, whose thickness is shaped by means of the construction’s extra ‘server’ areas. The result’s a comb-shaped double scheme: in practical phrases, public to the south and personal to the north.
Inside of, other congress and exhibition halls practice one any other. Those are massive however volumetrically expressive areas, with voids round them that experience striking platforms and catwalks for having a look out to the outside.
At the raised ground, hooked up to the lodge by means of a footbridge that serves to unify the complicated, are the extra on a regular basis makes use of, the smaller conference rooms, and eating places, at the side of a big terrace that, considered in viewpoint, may also be taken to be a prolongation of the ocean.